Wednesday, March 3, 2010

True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another.



We all dream of finding "the one." The one we can spend our time with, the one we can laugh with, play with, and dream with. The one you just can't seem to get out of your head, no matter how hard you try. The one you can fight with, and the one you can still make it through the hard times with.

Some of you may have already found your soulmates. Some of you may not have. Either way, we all know that the word "love" carries so much meaning. Love has many different definitions according to the many different perspectives human beings have on the subject. To some, love is just a word, meaningless and intangible. To others, its an intense emotion, sometimes causing complete happiness, and other times, excruciating heartbreak. And to a select few, love is what makes the world go 'round.

Some of you may be hopeless romantics, dreaming of being swept off your feet by the perfect partner. Some of you may scoff at the idea of romanticism and being in love. And some of you may just be indifferent to the whole subject.

So my question is what category do you fall into? Are you currently in love? Are you married, single, divorced, etc.? Have you been swept off your feet? Do you dream of being swept off your feet? Are you a romantic? Are you not? What is your definition of love? And most importantly, what is your opinion of "true love"?

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

That was a beautiful quote, I never thought of that before. Gives me something to think about.

Unknown said...

Wow, really good points of view :)
I am currently single,was heart-broken..the scars remain..but hey, I survived :D
I definitely don't have dreams of being swept off my feet now..not a hopeless romantic either,a little more grounded I woud say :)

Unknown said...

I really appreciate the things you said..Some of life's best pleasures are its simplest ones.Enrich your life with the one thought of love and your heart will be more happy.
iranian personals

Exasperated Youth said...

I like Wedding Crashers too :).
I don't quite agree with the whole true love thing. It's a bit too close to religion for me.
Another quote for you though:
Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds
Or bends with the remover to remove
O no! It is an ever-fixed mark

Shakespeare. Lovely :)

Hayley and E said...

Hey there!I'm a new follower/newbie blogger and I love your blog so much I'm glad I found it.All your posts are amazing :)

It would be nice if you checked out my blog ( Hayley & E ) my bestfriend and I own it so we both write in it. Sorry it isn't that good since we're totally new to blogging but we'll improve.:)

http://uniqueconfession.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm searching, and won't give up until I die...

MuzzleNuzzle said...

My love life is complicated right now (see blog for details lol). Here's how I feel about love, especially true love:
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs...It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

 
Custom Search